Utopia Times

The Student News Site of Utopia School

Utopia Times

Utopia Times

Ads

Book Review A Wizard Alone

In A Wizard Alone – By Diane Duane

Book Review A Wizard Alone

In A Wizard Alone

By Diane Duane

a young girl by the name of Nita Callahan faces the hard challenges of being the daughter of a dying mother and a wizard. She was a wizard who fought against a very evil being for the good of the galaxies. However, things took a turn when he started taking shots at her mom. The virus is in her mother, and it is alive. How is she supposed to save her mother if doing so will go against the wizard’s oath-taking her wizardry? 

This book is the sixth book in the Wizardry series by Diane Duene. It is the Invigorating tale of Nita Callahan’s life. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions, both big and small. I would not recommend it to anyone in elementary school, as it explores some hard truths. It is awesome as it makes the characters in the book feel like actual people, especially during sad or dramatic scenes. It is an amazing book and I would absolutely recommend it for everyone over the age of fourteen. It is a very dramatic book, more so than the other books of the series.

However, to understand the plot of this book, you must read the books that come before it. It is a very sad book compared to the other books in the series, but it has a good message. Nita Callahan is a very powerful character who is amazingly relatable despite her awesome powers. It was a bit hard to digest some of the concepts the book explored, however, I feel like it is just the mind-bending madness that sci-fi fans would love. I give this book a five out of ten and the series up to this book a six out of ten