Utopia Times

The Student News Site of Utopia School

Utopia Times

Utopia Times

Ads

Girl’s Golf Team Wins Regional Championship and Advances to State 1A Tournament

Kinsley Cox Wins Individual Championship
Coach McCarty, Danika McCarty, Riley McCutcheon, Kinsley Cox, Lizzy Hryniszak, and Hallie Moore pose with their first place trophy

The Utopia High School Lady Buffs competed recently in the 1A—Region 4 Golf Tournament and brought home the trophy as regional champions. The team, consisting of sophomores Kinlsey Cox, Hallie Moore, Danika McCarty, Lizzy Hryniszak, and Riley McCutcheon, shot a 435 in their first round and 433 on their second day and beat the runner-up Mcmullen County team by 46 strokes.

Sophomore Kinsley Cox, a shining star in her own right, was the regional individual champion. She shot 84 on the first day and 87 on the second day for a total of 171, beating the runner-up by a staggering 20+ strokes. Her performance is a testament to her skill and dedication. Sophomore Cooper Wernette also made his mark, finishing 12th out of 82 in the boy’s individual competition, shooting 89 and 96 for a total of 185.

The girls’ team advances to the UIL 1-A Golf State Tournament, which will be held on Monday, May 6th, and Tuesday, May 7th, at the Plum Creek Golf Course in Kyle, Texas.